So almond milk is basically the bomb. I really do love it, and I also love how incredibly easy it is to make!
My Recipe :
– 2 cups raw almonds, soaked over night ( at least 8 hours)
– 4 cups filtered water
– 1.5 tsp vanilla extract ( even better – 1 whole vanilla bean)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for at least 8 hours, but if you dont have a whole bunch of time at least try to soak them for 1 hour.
2. Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a food processor. Process until the nuts are broken down as much as possible.
3.Then pour the mixture into a blender and blend on high for about 1 minute or so. ( If you do not have a food processor, just use a blender for step 2)
4. MY SECRET : take this mixture and put it into a container and put in it in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. ( the reason i do this is because it gives it much more flavor and a much stronger almond taste)
5. Take the mixture out of the fridge.
6. Place your nut milk bag over a larger bowl. Then pour the mixture into the nut milk bag ( be careful – go slow) and then squeeze the bag starting at the bottom. You will get a lot more milk then you would expect, it takes a few minutes to it all out.
7. Once you have gotten all the milk out, rinse out the blender and pour the milk back in. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and blend on low.
6. Pour into a jar and store for up 3-5 days. Shake before using!
If you would like it to be sweeter :
Add 3 medjool dates
1-2 packets stevia